Pages

Wednesday 9 January 2019

Activity 3: Stranger than Fiction

Rafflesia arnoldii and The corpse flower are the two plants. 
The similarities is they both have smells. They both are found in Sumatra.Both plants grow over 3 feet.

 differences
Rafflesia arnoldii has male and female reproduction system.
rafflesia arnoldii
Rafflesia arnoldii
Rafflesia arnoldii is the biggest individual flower in the world.
Rafflesia arnoldii it grow in the forest.
The Corpse plant bloom only in very 40 years.
corpse flower
Corpse flower
The Corpse flower is the smelliest flower in the world.

The Corpse flower is protected by law.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Andrew,

    I have just spoken with Raewyn and she has told me that you were at school today completing a few activities so I thought I better come have a look! Those are some interesting looking plants. That is quite incredible that the corpse flower only blooms every 40 years and is the smelliest flower in the world! Maybe that is why it got the name of "the Corpse Flower". Do you think you'd like to plant either of these plants in your garden?

    Keep up the great work!
    Cheers, Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no I would not like a corpse flower or rafflesia amoidii because they are the smellist piants in the world. I hope you comment on more of my posts. by Andrew

      Delete